The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Monday 4 January 2010

Central Gully Pen y Gader


Even more info from Huw Gilbert of Huw Gilbert Mountainering who while I am temporarily out of action, is pretty much running this blog for me! I'll be back.....

Andy,

Stuff from today though it must be painful reading if you can't get out. Central Gully on Pen y Gader was really good, it can be climbed direct without the escape to the rib that the guide book suggests. The crux pitch isn't completely banked out but there's only a couple of thin moves to climb it.

Cheers,

Huw.

No comments:

Post a Comment