The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Saturday 30 January 2010

From Huw Gilbert

Andy,

How are you? I was out in Cwm Bochlwyd today and the snow is excellent. Its good hard neve at all levels and I imagine its the same across the whole of the park. Not a great deal of ice around but you can see that its trying hard to form. Quite a few teams in Cwm Ceinifion - Tower Gully, Tower Slabs, Hidden Gully and Right Hand Y Gully all look really good. There was a team climbing one of the hard mixed lines on Clogwyn Du, the crag is whiteish so I guess that means its fair game if that's your bag.

All the best,

Huw.

No comments:

Post a Comment