The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Monday 8 February 2010

Trinity Gullies - Clogwyn y Garnedd



On my own again today so I thought a quick poke around on Trinity Face on Snowdon was in order. Very poor visibility above 800m today. Snow conditions were fantastic, like climbing thick polystyrene, great axe placements every time. I did Central Trinity (thanks to the team of two who let me pass them) in great nick. Left Hand Trinity also looked sweet, Right Hand I poked my head into looked do able but a wee bit lean for my liking. Some fresh snow on the face, but not enough to be of concern. Plenty of spindrift coming down, and poor visibility added to a sense of adventure!
Great Gully is a route I haven't done, but would like to. Had a peek today and there certainly was decent snow & ice in it, but a couple of hefty looking chockstones looked very bare & a bit scary for soloing, so decided against it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment