The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Monday 29 March 2010

From Ali Andrews:

Andy

Thought I'd help with your request.

It was my first winter climbing this year. I got the kit at Christmas time and was really pleased when you agreed to meet up with me to show me around Sgt's Gully. It was a great first experience and led to a few more days on the ice, memorably at Ogwen, a very busy Idwal Stream, a day on the Glyders, walking up Snowdon after 2ft of powder in a complete white out and meeting other very hopeful people, and a final solo up the side of Snowdon from the pass. Some amazing Alpine weather and some really cold, windy, snowy days too!

I love the ice, and although I'm back to rock climbing now, hope to be able to come up again next year from my new base in Cornwall.


Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment