The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Mike Peacock in Cwm Lloer today

(Email from Mike Peacock)

Hi Andy,

I've been out into Cwm Lloer today. I took a friend up Equinox (I) for his first winter route. It's a short route below the East Ridge that zigs then zags up easy snow ramps. Very pleasant but far too short. The snow in the cwm was still excellent, but was becoming soft on the ridge in the sun. We stopped to chat to a couple who had done The Headwall, and two others topping out on Icefall Gully on the Black Ladders. Very alpine conditions anyway. Sunglasses and sun cream advised! Let's hope this snow hangs round for a bit longer yet.

Cheers,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment