The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Sunday 28 November 2010

COLD!!

I have been at home in Deeside all day today, and it has been COLD. Down to -10 overnight. My car's handbrake had frozen on & took 2 hours to free off. If its that cold here it must have been seriously nippy in the mountains!

I am hearing reports of more ice forming, and I notice UKC Winter Conditions logbook page an ascent of Idwal Stream has been logged, and its only November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment