The purpose of this blog is to report on winter climbing conditions in Snowdonia, to keep you lot who like nothing better than climbing ice, snow, frozen turf etc in ridiculously low temps informed!! As well as it being a record of some of my own winter climbing adventures. Feel free to email me any of your own conditions reports & photos you have & I will post them here. The more info on winter conditions the better! email:
andymountains@googlemail.com

Thursday 2 December 2010

Ogwen to Capel by Mike Peacock

After twisting my ankle on Monday, I had to cancel Tuesdays planned trip into Cwm Cneifion & todays plans for Idwal ice :-(
Hopefully get out again in the next few days....
Recieved the following email from Mike Peacock this evening. Thanks Mike.
---------------------
Hi Andy,

I was out today (Thursday 2nd), but just walking. Ice is forming nicely, and the high crags look well rimed. I counted 9 people on Idwal Stream from across the valley. Even at low levels (300m) there is windslab about, so caution will be needed for the weekend.

Hope the ankle improves soon,

Cheers,

Mike
-------------
Pic 1: Cwm Cneifion
Pic 2: Idwal
Pic 3: Glyder Fach main cliff
Pic 4: Tryfan east face
Pic 5: Gallt yr Ogof




No comments:

Post a Comment